September 2014 update for Lync Room System – KB2988623
This article describes a list of issues that are resolved, as well as some improvements for Lync Room System, in the update for Microsoft Lync Room System that is dated September 2014.
In addition, this update provides compatibility with the forthcoming Interactive Sharing capability for SRS-Lync users, once available.
Issues that the update fixes
- A contact receives a call in a Lync client instead of on a mobile phone when you dial the contact’s telephone number in Lync Room System. This issue occurs when the number is in the address book.
- The “loading” message appears in the front of room touch displays in Lync Room System when desktop sharing can be seen in other Lync clients in a meeting.
- You receive the “Nothing’s being presented” message in the Content tab when the content is presented in Lync Room System.
- The Room PC View icon is still active after the computer connection is lost or is reset.
Improvements that the update provides
- Set the “on-screen keyboard” clicks off as default.
- Replace the “Find someone using the search box” text with the “Find someone or dial a number” text on the invite participant screen.
- Add the functionality to use Lync Room System without changing any settings, names or domains for an administrator who has different Exchange (SMTP) and Lync (SIP URI) domain names.
- Provide improved error messages when you check updates.
Access the update here