Adding a Skype user to Skype for Business couldn’t be easier:
1. In the search bar, type in the name of the person you are looking for.
2. Under the ‘My Contacts’ tab it will say ‘No matches’, so click on the ‘Skype Directory’ tab. A list of matches will appear – in this case there was only one match to that particular name.
3. Click on the required contact and you are given the option to ‘See Contact Card’ or ‘Add to Contacts’
4. Click ‘Add to Contacts’ and you are then given the option of ‘Other Contacts’ or ‘Add to Favourites’. Select the relevant option.
5. The contact will now appear in your contact list. Please note that until the request has been accepted by your contact, they will appear as ‘pending’ – see ‘sallyhuckle’ as an example below. Once the request has been accepted, you are ready to collaborate!