Accounts and Office Administrator
1plex is a small, growing Cambridge based consultancy specialising in Microsoft Lync. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, successful company during a period of growth.
We are looking for a part time Accounts and Office Administrator to provide support to our team. This role, based at our office at Milton Hall, Cambridge, offers flexible part time working hours which can be negotiated to suit both parties.
Duties will include:
- Sales administration (creating quotes, sales and purchase invoices, maintaining records in Sage online)
- Completing quarterly VAT returns
- Inputting credit card statements into Sage
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Add new customers, suppliers, products and services to Sage
- Following up on unpaid invoices and invoice queries
- Processing expenses for staff and contractors
- Checking sub-contractor timesheets and maintaining spreadsheets
- Processing payments to staff, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Booking of travel arrangements as and when required
- Management of suppliers
- Placing orders and maintaining purchase order spreadsheet
- Obtain and record delivery notes for purchase orders outside the UK
- Liaising with accountant and helping with the end of year accounts
- General day to day office administration including answering the phone and managing post and email.
- Recording staff sickness and holiday
The successful candidate must be confident using accounting software and preferably have experience of dealing with accounts outside the UK although this is not essential. Knowledge of Microsoft Office IT packages and any additional IT experience would be an advantage.
The position will also involve answering the phones and responding to queries so excellent communication skills are essential.
The role is offered on a part time basis up to a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Salary is offered at £24k pro rata
The role will be based at the conveniently located Milton Hall, car parking is available on site.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV to Karen: firstname.lastname@example.org