The following describes the process to follow to perform the initial out of the box setup of the VVX500 for testing with Lync 2013.
- Connect phone to PoE switch, connect laptop to phone, turn off wifi on laptop to be sure the laptop is connecting through ethernet via the phone.
- Connect to web interface of phone from your laptop (see below)
Note internet explorer doesn’t seem to work – can’t login, used chrome instead using default credentials user=admin, password = 456
Go to Utilities > Software Upgrades – Click check for updates – this will query the Polycom Servers so the phone needs internet access.
After the phone has restarted, hold 1 4 9 keys at the same time for 2 – 3 secs
Enter 4 5 6 as the password
- Select Lync on the next screen, the phone will restart and display
- On your PC, install Better Together over Ethernet (BToE) connector application
from Polycom support site
- Enable BToE pairing on the phone – Settings > Features > BToE > Enabled
- And select pair
Easy as that, now for some functionality testing which will follow in a future blog post.